Hands on Software Engineering Manager
Permanent | £60000 - £80000 per annum | North West | Manchester
Join a successful eCommerce and in-store brand as a Software Engineering Manager, leading experienced Software Engineers in a modern agile environment.
As one of the key coaches and collaborators, you will head a team of 5-7 Associate, Senior and Software Engineers within a larger engineering team where you will be working with a stack featuring Java8, Node.js and React with a heavy focus on the importance of TDD and Clean code.
You will work on various projects within the business, leading and offering direction to your team and collaborating with the wider business. Working with a team who are enthused by modern technologies, you and your team will work on 80% greenfield projects, with the remaining 20% improving the existing stack.
Whether you come from a Full Stack, Front or Backend background, we'd like to hear from you. As a Development Manager, you will still need the understanding of the importance of coding in the cleanest way possible and get your hands dirty alongside your colleagues.
As well as facilitating key business and technical decisions from project to project, you will also work still in a hands-on capacity and know where to utilise skills within your team to the best of their ability and get your hands dirty when needed.
Unlike the wider business, the team in Manchester do not have a dedicated Cloud team. Alongside a modern development stack, you and your team will work with Cloud-based applications in AWS, building applications from end to end. If you're used to working in this environment, then this is a bonus, as they have a strong DevOps culture.
Sound like the environment you've been looking for? If you'd like to learn more about this position, please apply and we can have a further conversation.
Send us your details to consider for this role and tell us a little about yourself
Latest vacancies in Leadership / Front End Development / Back End Development
Permanent | £60000 - £70000 per annum + extensive benefits | Central London | City of London
Great opportunity for a DevOps Engineer or an experienced Linux Systems Engineer in London to move into a DevOp role focused on Linux, AWS, Docker and K8s. This opportunity gives you a great chance to move into a famous company whose...View & apply Register your interest
Permanent | £70000 - £100000 per annum + 50% Bonus | Greater London | London
Are you a Python developer looking for a new challenge? Sick of not having control over your projects? Want to use new technologies like F# and Rust (or whatever else you think could add value) Well search no more. We are currently...View & apply Register your interest
Contract | £600 - £650 per day + Excellent | Greater London | London
AEM tech Lead (V6) - London - £650pd - 6 MonthsAEM Techncial Lead required for a global e-commerce business based in central London currently implementing and migrating to Adobe Experience manager (AEM v6) to provide extra direction...View & apply Register your interest