Permanent | | South West | Bristol
"Five is a European leader in the field of automated driving systems. Our vision is a world where safe, green and accessible autonomous transportation advances the world in which we live!"
We're creating a platform for autonomous vehicle development and safety assurance. Our platform will empower the industry to build automated driving systems that are safer, smarter, faster and scalable. We're doing this by applying insights learned from solving some of the most challenging problems in this space.
We're engineers, scientists, developers, and designers. We're problem-solvers, dreamers, pioneers, innovators, creatives and pragmatists. We're new hands and accomplished pros. We're hard-working people, solving far-reaching challenges.
About the Team
The team you will be joining is autonomous and composed of people with different backgrounds, including backend, front-end and robotic. The team works in an Agile environment and is responsible for the orchestration of the various user workflows that we currently have in our platform or any new workflow that the product team might want to implement in the future. We design, implement, deploy and maintain the services responsible for the coordination of simulations and analysis. Also, we work with the product manager to conceptualize the different parts that define a workflow (Test Suite, Simulator, Stack-Under-Test, Rules, Metrics, etc.).
Our Team DNA
We like our python code modern, typed, flake-ed and black-ed. We like thorough unit testing; we think that "ship it" is more important than "it's not perfect yet", we are pragmatic programmers. We believe that DevOps is a culture and not a role or team, and everyone embraces it. We prefer incremental changes and iterations over long development cycles. We love getting our backlog done, and we help each other to achieve it. We don't know everything, and we are always eager to learn more from each other or on our own. We are not afraid of exploring new technologies that could help us to deliver faster and better.
What you will do
As a Cloud-native software engineer on our SaaS platform, day to day, you'll be expected to: define, design, implement and integrate significant features, either alone or working with other members of the team. You'll investigate and solve complex system issues and bugs. You'll provide code and design review for other team members. You'll help to develop and improve our CI/CD systems. You'll contribute to maintaining high technical standards, e.g. overall architecture and design patterns, continuous build systems, coding standards, etc. You'll work collaboratively with other teams across the company to coordinate development efforts and best practices.
- You understand, share and are motivated by our team DNA.
- You ideally have a good mix of Software Engineering and full-stack development work, along with work in modern cloud infrastructures and architectures. You may have been called a Platform Engineer, DevOps, Cloud, Infrastructure Engineer previously, but you're equally happy in both domains.
- You have a wealth of industry experience as a software engineer, ideally with a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or industry experience similar to share.
- You are comfortable building in modern Python or similar
- Ideally, you will have experience with cloud services, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure and Infrastructure as Code practices such as Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, CloudFormation etc.
- You ideally have experience with Docker and containerized application development and deployment, preferably on Kubernetes.
- You know your way around CI/CD tools such as GitLab, CircleCI, Travis CI, or Jenkins, and with the practice of building and maintaining deployment pipelines.
- You’ll know the entire development life-cycle in a web/cloud environment and software engineering best practices well, including cloud-native architecture, design, code, unit testing, integration testing, code review, and documentation.
- You'll be familiar with the challenges of distributed systems, such as scalability, availability, and observability.
- You'll be comfortable and have a grounding in DevOps principles and practices.
- You'll be experienced in scaling software projects and delivering a high-quality product for customers. In the spirit of continuous improvement, you'll be able to bring this experience to Five!
You will be joining a European leader in the autonomous vehicle market where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego multi-cultural team. We're secure and growing, having raised $61m to date. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters whilst working closely with Five's founding team, who have previously built and run successful tech companies through to exit. You'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and financial package, pension, private medical care and importantly, share option schemes.
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Help us to build the future of safer autonomy!
Send us your details to consider for this role and tell us a little about yourself
If you are interested in this role and would like to be contacted, please enter your email or telephone below
Latest vacancies in DevOps / Cloud
Permanent | $70,000 - $90,000 | California, USA
Do you want to develop something that truly makes a difference in people's lives? Starting 36 years ago in Belfast, Ireland, this company has grown to operate in 22 countries with a team of over 2,700 people. Their projects which...View & apply Register your interest
Permanent | $160,000 - $190,000 | California, USA
Become a key part of building and delivering a scalable and secure transportation service committed to a world with clean air!Fancy joining one of the fastest growing micro-mobility companies (e-scooters & bikes) with presence...View & apply Register your interest
Permanent | $200,000 - $230,000 | California, USA
Be part of disrupting and transforming the world of finance and change how global finance is structured. You will have the freedom to be creative in a quickly expanding company using various technologies working in AWS cloud...View & apply Register your interest